Saturday 24 March 2012

The Goonies... Revisited

I was born in 1984 so I grew up loving  the big 80's blockbusters like Indiana Jones, Back to the future etc...And I loved the Goonies big time still do!!!..The movie about the bunch of kids a Asian, a fat kid, a hobbit, Josh Brolin and my Favourite Corey "MOUTH" Feldman. The kids go on a treasure hunt to find ONE EYED WILLIES lost pirate Gold  to save there town. Chased by the evil Fratelli's and with a super gay 80's soundtrack by Cyndi Lauper the movie is GOLD GOLD GOLD.


But I have had a beef with this movie all my life until now, an unanswered question if you will, A question as big as, Is there a God?  Why are most women crazy?  and What time is the pizza coming at? But really this one scene bugged me forever. At the end of the movie after the goonies have found the gold and escaped the Fratellis. The Goonies are greeted by there parents and the press. No one believes there story, until they find a bag of jewels the press goes crazy the goonies tell them about the Fratellis, the fight with the giant octopus, one eyed willy and the pirate ship. Wait a fucking second WHAT FIGHT WITH AN GIANT OCTOPUS YOU LITTLE LAIRING FUCKERS? 


This was the moment that got me the talk of an Octopus, I have saw this movie a million times and has a kid the talk of a Giant Octopus fight was super exciting to me and the talk of it with no scene in the movie I felt cheated. Turns out I was reading about the 50 best deleted scenes in movie history. One scene was from KILL BILL another movie I love with Bill fighting Michael Jai White "Black Dynamite" himself in a samurai sword fight. The scene is awesome and should have made the final cut. I have put this scene (ABOVE) A MUST FOR A KILL BILL FAN.


Another scene was from the GOONIES with.......wait for it...........A GIANT MUTHA FUCKIN OCTOPUS!!! holy fuck I have wanted this moment all my life. Take a second  "shogun" relax and breath....and click play to the UTUBE LINK




REALLY!!!! what the fuck was that weak shit.....finding this scene was like someone giving you a lovely ice cream cone "oh thanks kind sir" too find they have poked dog shit in the middle of it. I totally see now why this scene wasn't in the final cut. The octopus makes the Shark in the 1977 JAWS look like one of those big blue cat cunts in Avatar. Plus the scene is dumb as shit hahaha they defeat the octopus by shoving a old skool tape walkman in its beak thing blasting some 80's cheese and the ocotpus can't handle it. A part of me wishes I didn't see this now cause in my mental head the goonies battle with the giant Octopus was the stuff of Legend then again maybe not. Anyway heres Cyndi Lauper's GOOD ENOUGH ENJOY STAY BLACK!!!! BITCHES




AS ALWAYS FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @SHOGUNSKILLING LOVE THE FEEDBACK


HOLLA
THE SHOGUN

No comments:

Post a Comment