Monday 12 December 2011

UFC 140....AFTERMATH

Okay so I done my picks post how for my aftermath where I went right and wrong and whats next with the fighters of UFC 140


Mark Hominick (20-9-0 ) vs. Chan Sung Jung (11-3-0) ...I had Mark taking this by better boxing and if you seen the event I was off by a long mile. They touch gloves Mark throws a crazy looping left hook Jung steps out of reach steps back in with a perfect  right cross floors Hominick and finishes with a flurry of ground and pound in 7 SECONDS!!! of the first round WINNER Chan Sung Jung..... Whats next after two great wins in the UFC Chan should jump right in there again with the winner of Diego Nunes vs Manny Gamburyan at ufc 141 or Tyson Griffen could be a good move since Jose Aldo is running out of toys to play with.


Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (19-5) vs. Tito Ortiz (16-9-1) This one I had Lil Nog on points. The fight started Ortiz came in guns blazing done well the first part of the round then Lil nog got his higher level boxing going caught Tito with a flurry had him in trouble dropped him with a beautiful knee Ortiz hit the mat and Lil Nog ground and pounded away with hard shots to the body till the ref stopped the fight. Good effort by Tito maybe his last fight I would like to see one more the guy does bring IT maybe against Forrest Griffen for a third time or Rich Franklin would make sense. As for Lil Nog theres only one guy that makes sense to me a rematch with Shogun Rua there first fight was a classic at the pride LHW 2005 gp which shogun won a close fight old skool fans would find this mouthwatering. These ain't wrestlers so your going to get good stand up and maybe good bbj showing for the fans GET IT DONE JOE SILVA 
FRANK MIR VS BIG NOG...OHH DON'T LOOK SNAP!!!
 Frank Mir (15-5) vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira 2 (33-6-1) the talking point of the night in this crazy one round war. I like Mir but I love big Nog. I picked Mir 2nd round tko here I fought Mir had improved more. The round starts Nog gets right in there they box a bit a Little cage control battle Mir gets a takedown Nog battles back up then picks Mir apart with sharp boxing sending him to the floor Nog ground and pounds a little Mir looks out (Now if Nog stayed here and fired in some rapid punches I beileve the Ref would have stopped it my heart was going at this point thinking NOG had it) But Nog slips under for a  guillotine choke doesn't get it Mir recovers grabs a Kimura Nog rolls Mir but Nog didn't steady the position so Mir rolled him again cranks the hold and what happen next was both spectacular and horrible He breaks Big Nog's Arm Nog taps as it breaks fight over HOLY SHEEP DIP it was crazy!!! what I said in my picks blog I want to see some boxing then some BJJ from the two best heavyweight BJJ artists in the game. I thought Nog looked good up till the snap word is hes out for 9 months if he comes back I don't know whats next maybe thats it for him hes had a long career of wars but if he comes back maybe a guy like Roy Nelson could be a good move. As for Frank Mir he stays on hold for maybe stepping in for Overeem vs Lesnar then VS champ Dos Stanos incase one gets injured. Or a fight with former champ Cain Velasquez if hes ready to go.




Jones walks away after brutal choke out of lyoto
  Champ Jon Jones vs. Lyoto Machida....The title fight I had Jones winning in the 3 round The FIRST round Machida controled Jones with sharper strikeing good in out movements Jones seem a little lost trying to get Lyoto . Lyoto landed some soild kicks and punches and even had Jones on the back foot. Round 2 was still Lyoto to begin with then Jones gets it to the floor lands a big elbow cuts Lyoto open he gets back to his feet the ref stops the check the cut. They fight again Jones lands a big punches drops Lyoto. Machida gets back up but hes still out of there Jones kind of standing guillotined him I think it was an old catch wrestling move chokes Lyoto standing till hes not moving The ref steps in Jones drops Lyoto to the ground out cold which I fought was very unclassy he must have felt Lyoto going out just to drop him and walk away but maybe it was just the heat of the moment. Anyway Jon Jones wins in brutal fashion again I put him at No2 pound for pound now because of the big names he has crushed and stopped the such a short time. He may be No 1 but Anderson Silva has been on a roll from 2005/6 so hes still Number 1 at the moment. Next for him the winner of Rashad Evans vs Phil Davies or Dan Henderson may be in the mix also. As for Lyoto the loser of Rashad Evans vs Phil Davies and again if Hendo doesn't get a title shot Machida vs Henderson would be fun. IF YOU WANT TO TALK MMA FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @SHOGUNSKILLING


AWESOME EVENT AGAIN
THE SHOGUN

No comments:

Post a Comment